About Me

My photo
Friendly, energetic, loquacious, ambitious

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What's on my plate?


It's no secret that I LOVE Mexican food. Houston is a great place for Mexican cuisine lovers because there are tons of good Mexican restaurants, but Mexican restaurants are not always great for the waistline or hips. Therefore, I often strive to mingle the zesty Latin flavors with my the typical healthy basics.



Tonight I didn't feel like cooking so I dipped into my 1 pound of pre-cooked chicken breast from My Fit Foods and microwave steamed some green beans. My fast but fabulous healthy dinner consisted of 40z of chicken breast and 40z of green beans that I embellished with fresh salsa and sprinkles of cumin and chili pepper.



Fab Food Facts about my dinner:


1) The salsa pumped me with lycopene because its made from tomatoes. These carotenoids are being studied for their role in preventing various types of cancer, particularly prostate cancer as well as heart disease prevention.



2) The chili powder was good for my joints. Research shows that capsaicin, found in chili peppers, has an anti-inflammatory effect, which may help ease arthritic swelling and pain.



3) The cumin powder has a list of health benefits that I will share with you later. However, I'm most thankful for its immune-boosting power and digestion advantage. Cumin improves digestion and relieves many common digestive ailments, including flatulence (gas), bloating, diarrhea, nausea and indigestion.



Now who says Mexican food can't be healthy? Maybe the person who has to have the chips and the Margarita. Perhaps, we can make those fit and fabulous too!!!



Be fit & fabulous today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment