About Me

My photo
Friendly, energetic, loquacious, ambitious

Monday, July 12, 2010

What's a Fitness Competition?

Hello!

At the Branch Warren Classic 2010 that I participated in this past Saturday I was blessed to place 1st in Fitness and 2nd in Figure. That is in addition to being blessed to meet some fit and fabulous women from all over Houston and Texas and having gained some more fit and fabulous friends along the way to the long awaited day.

So now you are asking: "what is a fitness & figure competition?" and "what did you have to do?"

Definition: Fitness and figure competition is a class of physique-exhibition events for women; while bearing a close resemblance to female bodybuilding, it emphasizes muscle tone over muscle size. These competitions are frequently held as part of the same events as bodybuilding contests.

To get my body ready for the competition I, along with other fitness and figure competitors, use the following general strategies to increase muscle tone and decrease our total body size:
  • Strength training through weights, plyometrics, or elastic/band resistance
  • Specialized nutrition that includes manipulating the daily caloric intake by changing the amounts of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats taken in
  • Cardiovascular training (cardio) that varies in frequency, duration, and intensity to burn calories eat during the day and body fat.
  • Adequate rest, including sleep and recuperation, between workouts
  • Proper water intake because it is very important to stay hydrated before, during, and after workouts since the workouts are longer, more frequent, or more intense than usual.

To see pictures of what the strategies listed above did for me go to my website: www.fit2befab.com

I'll be competing again August 14th in Dallas at the Europa Supershow, so stay connected to my blog to see what I'm eating, how I'm working out, and to hear my healthy (sometimes wacky) thoughts.

Remember you are Fit 2 Be Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment